SC Biz News Honors Parker’s for Impressive Growth in South Carolina
SAVANNAH, Ga. (Sept. 1, 2021) – Parker’s — a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader that was recently featured on the prestigious Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America — has been named one of 20 high-growth companies in South Carolina for 2021 by SC Biz News in the Roaring Twenties large company category.
The Roaring Twenties honor recognizes high-growth companies in South Carolina based on both dollar and percentage increases in revenue from 2018 to 2020. Twenty large companies and twenty small companies are included on the competitive statewide list presented annually by SC Biz News. Profiles of the winning companies will be published in the winter issue of SCBIZ magazine. The winners will also be honored at a special event on September 23 at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Columbia, S.C.
“This recognition is only possible because of our stellar team members and loyal customers across coastal South Carolina,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “At Parker’s, we’re laser-focused on providing exceptional customer service, delivering state-of-the-art technology and serving award-winning Southern-inspired food to meet the growing needs of our Palmetto State customers.”
In order to qualify for the Roaring Twenties designation, companies must have a physical presence in South Carolina and be a for-profit entity or a nonprofit organization. Company size was determined by gross revenue, with large companies classified as having over $10 million in annual revenue.
Parker’s currently operates 29 retail stores in South Carolina and gives back to every community where stores are located through the company’s Fueling the Community program and the Parker’s Community Fund. Always on the cutting edge, Parker’s uses predictive analytics and machine learning to determine the most seamless, frictionless and time-efficient ways to complete transactions and to prepare the freshest possible food to meet customer demand. The company is also a pioneer in GPS-enabled mobile app technology and has seen a 40% increase in contactless payment through the Parker’s Rewards app during the pandemic.
Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s owns and operates 71 stores throughout coastal Georgia and South Carolina and is in the middle of a major expansion into the Charleston, S.C. market. The company has enjoyed steady 20 to 24 percent annual growth every year for the past 22 years, which is extremely rare in the retail industry. The company offers an acclaimed Parker’s Rewards program, which saves customers time and money at the pump and in the store.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s has grown to become an award-winning company serving delicious, award-winning Parker’s Kitchen food that’s made from scratch on-site daily. Parker’s was named the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, which is the convenience store industry’s highest honor, and was voted one of America’s top 10 gas station brands by USA TODAY readers. The company also earned a 2020 Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award, which is presented to the top 10% of restaurants across the United States.
Currently celebrating its 45th anniversary, Parker’s has also been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores, by The Shelby Report as the Southeast Retailer of the Year and by Convenience Store News as the Foodservice Leader of the Year. The Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 228,000 members, has saved customers more than $15 million to date.
Parker’s stands apart as one of America’s most respected convenience store brands and is known for having the cleanest stores in the industry. The company employs more than 1,200 individuals throughout Georgia and South Carolina and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the popular food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 228,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
● 2021 Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America – Inc. Magazine
● Roaring Twenties – Large Business Category – SC Biz
● Hall of Fame Inductee – Convenience Store News
● 2020 Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
● 2020 Convenience Store Chain of the Year – Convenience Store Decisions
● 2020 Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
● Legacy Leader – Georgia Trend
● America’s Best Convenience Stores – Food and Wine
● 2019 Southeast Retailer of the Year – The Shelby Report
● 2018 Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year – Convenience Store News
● Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
● 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History – Convenience Store News
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Market/Gas Station – Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
● Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
● Best Convenience Store – Island Packet
● Most Fab Convenience Store – Effingham Herald
● Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
● Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store – Jesup Press-Sentinel