by USA TODAY Readers
SAVANNAH, Ga. (May 12, 2023) – Parker’s – a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader – was recently voted the #4 Best Gas Station for Food and the #6 Best Gas Station Brand in American in the USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice travel award contests. After four weeks of public voting, all of the 2023 winners, including Parker’s, are featured on 10Best.com.
Parker’s was previously voted the #3 Best Gas Station Brand in 2022 and was ranked at #6 in 2021 and #8 in 2020. This year marks the first time Parker’s has been honored as a Best Gas Station for Food winner. Other top brands recognized in the 2023 contests include Kwik Trip, Hy-Vee, RaceTrac, Maverik and QuickChek.
“We’re incredibly honored to be named one of America’s top gas station brands for the fourth consecutive year,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “It’s especially meaningful to also be recognized for our Southern-style, made-from-scratch food that our team members prepare and serve daily in Parker’s Kitchen stores throughout Georgia and South Carolina. This honor underscores our strategic transition from a convenience store company that sells food to a food service company that offers convenience.”
Both contests began in April 2023 with 20 convenience store brands and gas station chains curated by 10Best editors and national travel experts. Members of the public had the opportunity to vote for their favorite brand or go-to gas station food, narrowing each contest to the top 10 in the country. The finalists in the Best Gas Station Brand contest were chosen for their ability to exceed the expectations of today’s convenience store customers, who are looking for more than just fuel. Customers also value clean restrooms, exceptional customer service, fresh coffee and impressive snack selections. Finalists in the Best Gas Station for Food contest were selected for their expansive menus and delicious food offerings.
“At Parker’s, we pride ourselves on offering our customers freshly prepared, delicious food, ranging from grab-and-go options to our popular Parker’s Kitchen hot bars featuring breakfast, lunch and dinner favorites,” said Parker’s Director of Food Service Heather Davis. “It’s rewarding for customers to recognize us for our exceptional food, including our hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders and signature mac ‘n’ cheese.”
Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s stands apart as one of America’s most respected convenience store brands and has enjoyed steady 20 to 24 percent annual growth every year for the past 25 years. In 2020, Parker’s was named the Convenience Store Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions, which is the industry’s highest honor. The company has been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores and named the Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year by Convenience Store News.
Parker’s gives back to support every community where stores are located through the company’s Fueling the Community program and the Parker’s Community Fund. Since January 2021, Parker’s has donated more than $22 million to the Parker’s Community Fund to support charitable initiatives throughout the company’s corporate footprint in coastal Georgia and South Carolina. The company has also donated more than $11 million to support education across the region.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s has grown to become an award-winning company with 75 stores and a robust Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members and has saved customers more than $15 million to date. Parker’s employs more than 1,200 individuals throughout Georgia and South Carolina and completes more than 120,000 transactions daily.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Proudly headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the popular food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
● Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America – Inc. Magazine
● Hall of Fame Inductee – Convenience Store News
● Best Gas Station for Food Top 10 – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
● Convenience Store Chain of the Year – Convenience Store Decisions
● Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
● Legacy Leader – Georgia Trend
● America’s Best Convenience Stores – Food and Wine
● Southeast Retailer of the Year – The Shelby Report
● Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year – Convenience Store News
● Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
● 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History – Convenience Store News
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Market/Gas Station – Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
● Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
● Best Convenience Store – Island Packet
● Most Fab Convenience Store – Effingham Herald
● Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
● Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store – Jesup Press-Sentinel