Parker’s Named One of the America’s Top 10 “Best Gas Station Brands” by USA TODAY Readers
SAVANNAH, Ga. (Oct. 23, 2020) – Parker’s – a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader that was named the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year – was recently voted one of America’s “Best Gas Station Brands” in the 2020 USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice travel award contest.
After four weeks of public voting, the top 10 brands were announced on 10Best.com earlier today. Parker’s was named the 8th Best Gas Station Brand in the U.S. alongside overall winner Kwik Trip and other top brands including Hy-Vee, Sheetz, QuikTrip, Casey’s, Maverik, Rutter’s, Kum & Go and QuickChek.
“At Parker’s, our team strives to provide our customers with a world-class, state-of-the-art experience each and every day,” says Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “We’re honored by the support of our customers who voted for us and are humbled to be ranked alongside some of the largest, most highly respected convenience store companies in the industry.”
The contest began in September 2020 with 20 brands hand-selected by 10Best editors and travel experts. The 20 candidate brands were chosen for their ability to meet and exceed the expectations of today’s convenience store customer, who are looking for more than just fuel. They also value clean bathrooms, fresh coffee, impressive snack selections and hot meal offerings. The public then had the opportunity to vote for their favorite brand, narrowing the list to the top 10 chains in the country. All of the winners, including Parker’s, are featured on 10Best.com.
Founded in 1976, Parker’s is one of America’s most respected convenience store brands and is known for having the cleanest stores in the industry. Parker’s serves award-winning Southern-inspired food, offers an acclaimed Parker’s Rewards program and gives back to every community where it does business through the Fueling the Community charitable giving program.
Parker’s has been included on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing companies for five years and was honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores, by The Shelby Report as the Southeast Retailer of the Year and by Convenience Store News as the Foodservice Leader of the Year. The company employs more than 1,200 individuals throughout the region and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and food service companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the new food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 150,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
- 2020 Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 –USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
- 2020 Convenience Store Chain of the Year –CStore Decisions
- 2020 Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
- Legacy Leader –Georgia Trend
- America’s Best Convenience Stores –Food and Wine
- 2019 Southeast Retailer of the Year –The Shelby Report
- 2019 Fastest Growing Companies in America –Inc. 5000
- 2018 Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year –Convenience Store News
- Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
- 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History –Convenience Store News
- Best Convenience Store –Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
- Best Convenience Store – Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
- Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
- Best Convenience Store –Island Packet
- Most Fab Convenience Store –Effingham Herald
- Most Fabulous Gas Station– Effingham Living
- Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store– Jesup Press-Sentinel