WALTERBORO, S.C. (Nov. 14, 2022) – Joanne Crosby of Walterboro, S.C. was recently selected as a Parker’s Kitchen 2022 Tendermania winner and was awarded free Parker’s Kitchen Southern Fried Chicken Tenders for one year. Parker’s recently honored Crosby at a special ceremony held on November 10 at the Parker’s Kitchen store at 774 N. Jefferies Blvd. in Walterboro.
“Parker’s is known throughout the region as having the freshest and most delicious chicken tenders, so we decided to host a special Tendermania giveaway,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “We’re incredibly grateful to loyal Parker’s Rewards members like Joanne, who regularly visit our stores and trust us to provide freshly prepared food, high-quality products and superior customer service.”
Tendermania, a contest that celebrates Parker’s Kitchen’s world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders, ran from September through the end of October at 71 store locations throughout coastal Georgia and South Carolina. Customers earned contest entries with every in-store purchase made through the Parker’s Rewards app, which saves customers time and money at the pump with fuel discounts and exclusive offers that have resulted in more than $15 million in savings to date.
Two Tendermania winners were randomly selected by the company’s favorite chicken mascot, Scratch, who represents the Parker’s Kitchen dedication to serving made-from-scratch menu items, including their popular Southern Fried Chicken Tenders to customers across coastal Georgia and South Carolina.
“I’m very excited that I won free chicken for a year,” Crosby enthused. “It’s going to help out for lunches, plus it’s convenient to just run down the road to grab some chicken and potato logs at Parker’s. I choose to go to Parker’s because it’s convenient, close to my work, clean, the people are friendly and the fuel perks are the best.”
Parker’s stands apart as one of America’s most respected convenience store brands and is known for having the cleanest restrooms in the industry. Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has enjoyed steady 20 to 24 percent annual growth every year for the past 24 years. In 2020, Parker’s was named the Convenience Store Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions, which is the industry’s highest honor. The company has been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores, named the Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year by Convenience Store News and voted the #3 Best Gas Station Brand by USA TODAY readers.
Parker’s gives back to support every community where stores are located through the company’s Fueling the Community program and the Parker’s Community Fund. Since January 2021, Parker’s has donated more than $22 million to the Parker’s Community Fund to support charitable initiatives throughout the company’s corporate footprint in coastal Georgia and South Carolina.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s has grown to become an award-winning company with a robust Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members and has saved customers more than $15 million to date. Parker’s employs more than 1,200 individuals throughout South Carolina and Georgia and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the popular food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
- Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America –Inc. Magazine
- Hall of Fame Inductee –Convenience Store News
- Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 –USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
- Convenience Store Chain of the Year –Convenience Store Decisions
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
- Legacy Leader –Georgia Trend
- America’s Best Convenience Stores –Food and Wine
- Southeast Retailer of the Year –The Shelby Report
- Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year –Convenience Store News
- Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
- 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History –Convenience Store News
- Best Convenience Store –Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
- Best Convenience Market/Gas Station –Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
- Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
- Best Convenience Store –Island Packet
- Most Fab Convenience Store –Effingham Herald
- Most Fabulous Gas Station –Effingham Living
- Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store –Jesup Press-Sentinel