SAVANNAH, Ga. (June 26, 2023) – Parker’s – a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader – recently hired oil and gas distribution veteran Ricky A. John as Vice President of Fuel. In his new position at Parker’s, John creates, oversees and identifies actions to execute the strategic vision of the Parker’s fuel department while enhancing growth through a balanced focus on customers, team members, processes and market share. John works closely with Parker’s executive leaders to support the company’s strategic expansion across the Southeastern United States.
An innovative and respected fuel supply chain professional, John brings more than 20 years of experience in commercial downstream oil and gas distribution, petroleum products trading, supply chain logistics and strategic transformational change management to his new role at Parker’s. Before joining Parker’s, he served as the Director of Sales and Business Development at Sunoco, LP, where he directed national expansion efforts, developed hundreds of new client relationships and oversaw commercial support functions for the company’s 8 billion gallons of annual fuel distribution to commercial customers and distributors across 36 states.
“We’re thrilled to welcome Ricky to our award-winning team at Parker’s.”– Parker’s Founder and CEO Greg Parker
“Ricky is a people-first leader and a highly experienced fuels professional who can help us continue to grow our corporate footprint and to offer the high-quality products our loyal customers have come to expect.”
John previously worked as a Manager of Wholesale Marketing, Retail Fuel Supply and Products Trading at Murphy Oil, USA, which provided fuel supply to retail and wholesale customers across 25 states. Earlier in his career, he served as a Senior Ethanol Trading Manager for Nidera Energy US, a Fuel Oil Trader for Flying J and a Junior Trader, Scheduler and Position Coordinator for ConocoPhillips.
Fluent in Spanish and English, John earned a B.S. in Business Management with an emphasis in International Finance from Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. Originally from Bartlesville, Okla., John currently resides in Savannah, Ga.
Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s stands apart as one of America’s most respected convenience store brands and has enjoyed steady 20 to 24 percent annual growth every year for the past 25 years. In 2020, Parker’s was named the Convenience Store Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions, which is the industry’s highest honor. The company has been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores and by Convenience Store News as the Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year.
Parker’s gives back to support every community where stores are located through the company’s Fueling the Community program and the Parker’s Community Fund. Since January 2021, Parker’s has donated more than $22 million to the Parker’s Community Fund to support charitable initiatives throughout the company’s corporate footprint in coastal Georgia and South Carolina. The company has also donated more than $11 million to support education across the region.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s has grown to become an award-winning company that was recently voted the #4 Best Gas Station for Food and the #6 Best Gas Station Brand in America by USA TODAY readers. The Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved customers more than $15 million to date. Parker’s operates 76 stores, employs more than 1,200 professionals throughout Georgia and South Carolina and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Proudly headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s operates 76 stores, has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the popular food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
● Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America – Inc. Magazine
● Hall of Fame Inductee – Convenience Store News
● Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
● Convenience Store Chain of the Year – Convenience Store Decisions
● Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
● Legacy Leader – Georgia Trend
● America’s Best Convenience Stores – Food and Wine
● Southeast Retailer of the Year – The Shelby Report
● Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year – Convenience Store News
● Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
● 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History – Convenience Store News
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Market/Gas Station – Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
● Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
● Best Convenience Store – Island Packet
● Most Fab Convenience Store – Effingham Herald
● Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
● Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store – Jesup Press-Sentinel