COLUMBIA, S.C. (Aug. 14, 2023) – Parker’s Kitchen – a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader – was recently honored by SC Biz News as one of the “Best Places to Work in South Carolina” for 2023. The leading business publication recognized Parker’s Kitchen in the Large Employer category at a special awards event at the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center in Columbia, S.C. on Aug. 10.
“Congratulations to all the Best Places to Work in South Carolina,” said Jason Thomas, Executive Editor of SC Biz News. “Each of them plays a vital role in making South Carolina a leader in economic development and workplace satisfaction. They are the engine that powers South Carolina’s economy.”
Best Places to Work honorees were determined using several criteria, including employee survey responses. Winners earned an 80% positive response from employees across eight core focus areas, including: Leadership and Planning, Corporate Culture and Communications, Role Satisfaction, Work Environment, Relationship with Supervisor, Training, Development and Resources, Pay and Benefits, and Overall Engagement. An overall score for each winner represented a combination of the employee survey (75%) and the Employer Questionnaire (25%).
“We are incredibly honored to be recognized as one of the top companies to work for in South Carolina,” said Parker’s Kitchen founder and CEO Greg Parker. “Over the past several years, we’ve been extremely committed to being a people-first company and to making strategic decisions that nurture, support and grow our team members. This award is particularly meaningful because it recognizes our ongoing commitment to our talented associates.”
Parker’s Kitchen employs nearly 1,200 team members in South Carolina and Georgia and offers free childcare, PTO starting on day one, a Daily Pay option and highly competitive benefits. Approximately 85% of Parker’s Kitchen Store Managers, District Leaders and Corporate Support Team have been promoted from within, underscoring the company’s focus on developing talent and making a long-term investment in team members.
Parker’s Kitchen was named the 2020 Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions – which is the industry’s highest honor – and has been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores and by Convenience Store News as the Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year.
Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s Kitchen stands apart as one of America’s most respected convenience store brands and has enjoyed steady 20 to 24 percent annual growth every year for the past 25 years. The company has been included on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing private companies in America six times.
Parker’s Kitchen also gives back to support communities where stores are located through a range of charitable initiatives, including the company’s Fueling the Community program and the Parker’s Community Fund. Since January 2021, Parker’s Kitchen has donated more than $22 million to the Parker’s Community Fund to support charitable initiatives throughout the company’s corporate footprint in coastal Georgia and South Carolina. The company has also donated more than $11 million to area schools to support education across the region.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s Kitchen has grown to become an award-winning company that was recently voted the #4 Best Gas Station for Food and the #6 Best Gas Station Brand in America by USA TODAY readers.
Parker’s currently operates 76 stores and completes more than 120,000 transactions daily. The Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved customers more than $15 million to date.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Proudly headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s operates 76 stores, has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the popular food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
● Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America – Inc. Magazine
● Best Places to Work in South Carolina – SC Biz News
● Hall of Fame Inductee – Convenience Store News
● Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
● Convenience Store Chain of the Year – Convenience Store Decisions
● Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
● Legacy Leader – Georgia Trend
● America’s Best Convenience Stores – Food and Wine
● Southeast Retailer of the Year – The Shelby Report
● Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year – Convenience Store News
● Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
● 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History – Convenience Store News
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Market/Gas Station – Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
● Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
● Best Convenience Store – Island Packet
● Most Fab Convenience Store – Effingham Herald
● Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
● Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store – Jesup Press-Sentinel