Parker’s Announces Plans to Build Chick-fil-A, Starbucks and Parker’s Kitchen at the Corner of DeRenne and White Bluff in Savannah, Ga.
SAVANNAH, Ga. (Jan. 6, 2022) – Parker’s – a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader that’s featured on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America – recently announced plans to build a new Chick-fil-A, Starbucks and Parker’s Kitchen on a 3.4-acre commercial site located at the corner of DeRenne Avenue and White Bluff Road in Savannah, Ga.
The Parker Companies, which is the parent company for the Parker’s and Parker’s Kitchen brands, serves as the developer for the site, which is expected to open in summer 2022. The Pinyan Company in Savannah, Ga. serves as the lead contractor for site construction.
The site will incorporate the existing 60-foot metal globe, which previously served as a Savannah Gas Co. natural gas storage tank in the 1950s. The giant globe will anchor the parcel, which is located at one of Savannah’s most high-traffic intersections.
“We’re absolutely thrilled to develop this underutilized site and to preserve the globe, which is an iconic landmark for many Savannah residents,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “We listened to the public throughout the planning process and have made a significant investment to save the globe and to develop this long-neglected site in a more thoughtful, strategic way. Our customers know that we have an unwavering commitment to quality and a powerful connection to the communities we serve. We look forward to transforming this former eyesore into a gateway to Savannah that will meet the needs of today’s residents and visitors.”
The newest Parker’s Kitchen in Savannah will be the company’s 75th retail store and will offer popular grab-and-go options as well as a hot bar with signature items like never-frozen, antibiotic-free, double-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders and savory mac ‘n’ cheese. Additional highlights will include the Parker’s Kitchen Spicy Chicken Tender Sandwich, fresh-made salads, gourmet coffee, freshly brewed sweet tea, lemonade, 28-degree beer, fountain drinks with Chewy Ice, fuel and a wide range of convenience items.
Atlanta-based Chick-fil-A, Inc. is a family-owned and privately held restaurant company founded in 1967 by S. Truett Cathy. Devoted to serving the local communities in which its franchised restaurants operate and known for its original chicken sandwich, Chick-fil-A serves freshly prepared food in more than 2,500 restaurants in North America.
Founded in 1971, Starbucks Corporation is a global chain of coffeehouses headquartered in Seattle, Wash. Starbucks operates more than 30,000 retail stores in 80 countries around the world and stands apart as the world’s largest coffeehouse company.
In 2020, Parker’s was named the Convenience Store Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions, which is the industry’s highest honor. The company has been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores and by Convenience Store News as the Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year. In addition, Parker’s gives back to every community where stores are located through the company’s Fueling the Community program and the Parker’s Community Fund.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s has grown to become an award-winning company that was recently voted one of America’s top 10 gas station brands by USA TODAY readers. The Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved customers more than $15 million to date. Parker’s employs more than 1,200 professionals throughout Georgia and South Carolina and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the popular food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
- Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America –Inc. Magazine
- Hall of Fame Inductee –Convenience Store News
- Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 –USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
- Convenience Store Chain of the Year –Convenience Store Decisions
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
- Legacy Leader –Georgia Trend
- America’s Best Convenience Stores –Food and Wine
- Southeast Retailer of the Year –The Shelby Report
- Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year –Convenience Store News
- Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
- 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History –Convenience Store News
- Best Convenience Store –Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
- Best Convenience Market/Gas Station –Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
- Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
- Best Convenience Store –Island Packet
- Most Fab Convenience Store –Effingham Herald
- Most Fabulous Gas Station –Effingham Living
- Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store –Jesup Press-Sentinel