A Message From Greg Parker
To Our Loyal Customers,
We hope you’re staying healthy and safe during this difficult time. Like you, we’ve been facing unprecedented challenges at Parker’s due to the Coronavirus pandemic. We deeply appreciate your support.
At Parker’s, our extraordinary team works hard to offer you the cleanest stores in the industry, serve the freshest Southern-inspired food, leverage the latest cutting-edge technology and deliver the ultimate in customer service, each and every day. Thanks to their efforts, we were recently honored as the national Convenience Store Chain of the Year, which is the industry’s highest honor.
I’m writing to ask for your patience as we continue to navigate pandemic-related changes that are impacting our operations on a number of levels. We’re currently experiencing manpower shortages, which have affected the hours of operation at some of our stores. We’re also experiencing supply chain issues that make it difficult to keep popular items and frequently used store supplies in-stock. In addition, we’re experiencing a shortage of rolled coins, which is affecting companies across the United States.
I want you to know that we take our responsibility as an essential business seriously and are determined to meet these challenges strategically. I have every confidence that we will come out of this experience stronger on the other side.
In the meantime, here is a quick overview of some of the things we’re doing at Parker’s to navigate these pandemic-related issues and to do an even better job of serving you and your loved ones:
- We’re expanding our recruitment efforts, hosting hiring events and offering hiring bonuses as well as referral bonuses for employees who recommend new team members.
- We’re redirecting non-operations team members to conduct inventory checks and to stock shelves at our stores, putting “all hands on deck” to assist in these efforts.
- We’re increasing the number of times per day each store is cleaned, refreshed and restocked. Your safety remains our top priority.
- We’re offering bonuses to Parker’s team members who work extra shifts, rewarding them for working additional hours.
- We’re modifying our hours of operations at some locations to allow us to focus on staffing stores with a higher demand.
- We’re doing everything we can to secure rolled coins, but anticipate requiring exact change — or payment via credit card, debit card or the Parker’s app — at some of our stores in the future.
- We’re expanding our self-checkout technology to make it easier for you to get what you need when you need it at Parker’s.
What can you do to help? Please be patient and know that our team members are doing everything they can to provide a safe, clean place for you to shop, fuel your vehicle and enjoy freshly prepared Parker’s Kitchen food.
If you or anyone you know would like to join our team at Parker’s, please visit ParkersKitchen.com/Careers to submit an application online. We’re currently hiring Kitchen Managers, Kitchen Associates, Inventory Control Associates, Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers and Customer Service Representatives at locations in Georgia and South Carolina.
As always, we’re committed to being here for you, in good times and bad times. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your loyalty and for being an important part of our Parker’s family.
I’m confident that we will get through this together and look forward to brighter days ahead. Please take care and stay safe.
Greg Parker, Founder and CEO