Parker’s Kitchen – a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader that has been honored by SC Biz as one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina and by the Charleston Regional Business Journal as the Most Philanthropic Business – hosted a ribbon cutting on Jan. 29 for the company’s newest store at 8251 Palmetto Commerce Pkwy. in North Charleston, S.C.
Dignitaries in attendance included North Charleston Mayor Reginald L. “Reggie” Burgess, North Charleston City Council Member Rhonda Jerome and representatives from the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce.
Strategically positioned near I-26 in Ladson, S.C., the company’s newest retail store offers award-winning, Southern-style, made-from-scratch Parker’s Kitchen food for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a wide range of convenience items. Parker’s Kitchen currently operates 80 retail stores in Georgia and South Carolina, including 13 locations in metro Charleston, S.C.
The new North Charleston location is open 24/7 and serves fresh Southern-inspired food prepared from scratch on-site from 4 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily. The entire menu is handcrafted on-site from the freshest ingredients by Parker’s Kitchen chefs who take pride in cooking for the communities where they live and work. The new store also offers fueling positions with unleaded, premium unleaded and ethanol-free marine fuel as well as three high-flow diesel fueling positions for trucks.
“We’re thrilled to open our latest store in North Charleston and appreciate the support of our loyal customers,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “We think Charleston is an exciting market and have received a positive response about our newest location from customers across the region.”
The inviting store design features signature Parker’s Kitchen Lowcountry-inspired architecture with a modern, contemporary glass-front façade, lime-washed brick, handsome bracketry and designer lighting. The retail location offers indoor dining as well as the cleanest bathrooms in the industry.
Parker’s Kitchen features popular grab-and-go options as well as a hot bar serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and convenient electronic kiosk ordering. Popular items include never-frozen, antibiotic-free, double-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders, signature mac ‘n’ cheese and potato logs. Additional highlights include the Parker’s Kitchen Spicy Chicken Tender Sandwich, freshly made salads, gourmet coffee, freshly brewed sweet tea, Fancy Lemonade, 28-degree beer and fountain drinks with Chewy Ice.
Parker’s has been named the Convenience Store Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions, which is the industry’s highest honor. The company has also been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores and by Convenience Store News as the Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s has grown to become a nationally acclaimed company that was recently voted the #4 Best Gas Station for Food and the #6 Best Gas Station Brand in America by USA TODAY readers. The Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved customers more than $15 million to date. Parker’s employs more than 1,360 professionals throughout Georgia and South Carolina and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
ABOUT PARKER’S KITCHEN:
Honored as the Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s Kitchen is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Proudly headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s Kitchen has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. The company serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved Parker’s Kitchen customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
● Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America – Inc. Magazine
● Best Places to Work in South Carolina – SC Biz
● Hall of Fame Inductee – Convenience Store News
● Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
● Convenience Store Chain of the Year – Convenience Store Decisions
● Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
● Legacy Leader – Georgia Trend
● America’s Best Convenience Stores – Food and Wine
● Southeast Retailer of the Year – The Shelby Report
● Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year – Convenience Store News
● Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
● 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History – Convenience Store News
● Best Gas Station – Colleton County Reader’s Choice, Press & Standard
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Market/Gas Station – Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
● Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
● Best Convenience Store – Island Packet
● Most Fab Convenience Store – Effingham Herald
● Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
● Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store – Jesup Press-Sentinel