RINCON, Ga. (Oct. 26, 2023) – Parker’s – a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader – hosted a special ribbon cutting for a new Parker’s Kitchen located at 107 N. Columbia Ave. in Rincon, Ga., on Oct. 24. The new store is the company’s sixth location in Effingham County.
Parker’s Kitchen Community Outreach Manager Olivia Parker presented a $20,000 Fueling the Community check to Effingham County Schools Superintendent Dr. Yancy Ford to support local teachers and students. The donation is part of the ongoing Parker’s commitment to supporting education and to making a transformative impact on local communities. Since 2011, the company has donated more than $2 million to schools in Georgia and South Carolina through the Fueling the Community initiative.
“We love Effingham County and are honored to offer our exceptional Parker’s Kitchen food to customers at our new store on Hwy. 21 and to continue to support Effingham County Schools,” said Parker. “We’re committed to being part of the community in Rincon and appreciate the support of our loyal customers across the area.”
Strategically positioned on Hwy. 21 in the heart of Rincon, the company’s newest retail offers award-winning, Southern-style, made-from-scratch Parker’s Kitchen food for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a wide range of convenience items. Parker’s Kitchen operates 78 retail stores, including 42 in Georgia and 36 in South Carolina.
The bright, inviting store design in Rincon features Lowcountry-inspired architecture with a modern, contemporary glass-front façade with lime-washed brick, handsome bracketry and designer lighting. The retail footprint offers indoor dining as well as an optimized interior layout to maximize efficiency for customers.
The newest Parker’s Kitchen in Effingham County offers popular grab-and-go options as well as a hot bar serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and convenient electronic kiosk ordering. Popular items include never-frozen, antibiotic-free, double-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders, signature mac ‘n’ cheese and potato logs. Additional highlights include the Parker’s Kitchen Spicy Chicken Tender Sandwich, freshly made salads, gourmet coffee, freshly brewed sweet tea, Fancy Lemonade, 28-degree beer, fountain drinks with Chewy Ice and a wide range of convenience items. The new store offers six fueling positions with regular, diesel and ethanol-free/marine fuel.
A wide range of Parker’s Kitchen items are prepared fresh on-site and are available seven days a week. The entire menu is handcrafted on-site from the freshest ingredients by Parker’s Kitchen chefs who take pride in cooking for the communities where they live and work.
Earlier this year, Parker’s Kitchen was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina in an independent survey conducted by SC Biz. In 2020, Parker’s was named the Convenience Store Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions, which is the industry’s highest honor. The company has been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores and by Convenience Store News as the Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s has grown to become an award-winning company that was recently voted America’s #3 gas station brand by USA TODAY readers. The Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved customers more than $15 million to date. Parker’s employs more than 1,200 professionals throughout Georgia and South Carolina and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Proudly headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the popular food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
● Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America – Inc. Magazine
● Best Places to Work in South Carolina – SC Biz
● Hall of Fame Inductee – Convenience Store News
● Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
● Convenience Store Chain of the Year – Convenience Store Decisions
● Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
● Legacy Leader – Georgia Trend
● America’s Best Convenience Stores – Food and Wine
● Southeast Retailer of the Year – The Shelby Report
● Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year – Convenience Store News
● Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
● 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History – Convenience Store News
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Market/Gas Station – Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
● Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
● Best Convenience Store – Island Packet
● Most Fab Convenience Store – Effingham Herald
● Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
● Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store – Jesup Press-Sentinel