Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker, center, recently cut the ceremonial ribbon at the grand opening for the company’s newest Parker’s Kitchen location in the West Ashley neighborhood in Charleston S.C.
CHARLESTON, S.C. – Parker’s – a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader – recently opened a new Parker’s Kitchen at 3570 Savannah Highway/Hwy. 17 in Charleston, S.C., deepening the company’s commitment to customers in the Charleston metro area.
Strategically positioned in West Ashley near the intersection of Hwy. 17 and Main Road, the company’s 72nd retail store offers a selection of the company’s award-winning, Southern-style, made-from-scratch food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The bright, inviting store design features Southern vernacular architecture and offers a contemporary glass-front look with an expanded retail footprint, optimized layout for higher operational efficiency and handsome lime-washed brick exterior.
Parker’s currently operates 29 locations in South Carolina and gives back to communities where stores are located through the company’s Fueling the Community program and the Parker’s Community Fund.
“We’re delighted to expand to meet the growing demand for Parker’s Kitchen food, fuel and other essential items throughout the greater Charleston area,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “We’re extremely grateful for the positive response we’ve received from customers across Charleston County.”
The newest Parker’s Kitchen in West Ashley offers popular grab-and-go options as well as a hot bar with signature items like never-frozen, antibiotic-free, double-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders, savory mac ‘n’ cheese and jalapeno cornbread. In addition, the store offers a complete menu of breakfast offerings, from egg casserole to sausage, egg and cheese biscuits. Additional highlights include the Parker’s Kitchen Spicy Chicken Tender Sandwich, fresh-made salads, gourmet coffee, freshly brewed sweet tea, lemonade, 28-degree beer, fountain drinks with Chewy Ice and a wide range of convenience items. The new store also offers regular, diesel and marine fuel.
A wide range of Parker’s Kitchen items are prepared fresh on-site and are available seven days a week. The entire menu is handcrafted on-site from the freshest ingredients by Parker’s Kitchen chefs who take pride in cooking for the communities where they live and work.
In 2020, Parker’s was named the Convenience Store Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions, which is the industry’s highest honor. The company has been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores and by Convenience Store News as the Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s has grown to become an award-winning company that was recently voted America’s #3 gas station brand by USA TODAY readers. The Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved customers more than $15 million to date. Parker’s employs more than 1,200 professionals throughout Georgia and South Carolina and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Proudly headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the popular food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
- Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America –Inc. Magazine
- Hall of Fame Inductee –Convenience Store News
- Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 –USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
- Convenience Store Chain of the Year –Convenience Store Decisions
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
- Legacy Leader –Georgia Trend
- America’s Best Convenience Stores –Food and Wine
- Southeast Retailer of the Year –The Shelby Report
- Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year –Convenience Store News
- Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
- 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History –Convenience Store News
- Best Convenience Store –Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
- Best Convenience Market/Gas Station –Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
- Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
- Best Convenience Store –Island Packet
- Most Fab Convenience Store –Effingham Herald
- Most Fabulous Gas Station –Effingham Living
- Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store –Jesup Press-Sentinel