Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker, center right, recently cut the ribbon at a special grand opening ceremony at a new Parker’s Kitchen location in Guyton, Ga. The company’s 73rd store is the sixth Parker’s location in Effingham County, Ga.
Parker’s – a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader – recently opened a new Parker’s Kitchen at 4440 Hwy. 17 in Guyton, Ga. Strategically positioned in a high-growth area of Effingham County, the company’s 73rd retail store offers the company’s award-winning, Southern-style, made-from-scratch food for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a wide range of convenience items.
The bright, inviting store design in Effingham County is a hybrid Southern-inspired prototype offering a modern, contemporary glass-front exterior with a handsome brick facade and designer lighting. The expanded retail footprint features an optimized interior layout to maximize efficiency for customers, with manned as well as self-check-out stations. The company’s sixth store in Effingham County also features porcelain walls and floors as well as sparkling restrooms designed with upscale amenities and high-end materials.
“We’re thrilled to expand our presence in Effingham County to meet the growing demand for Parker’s Kitchen food, fuel and other essential items,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “We have big plans to grow in Effingham County and will open a number of new stores in the area in the coming years.”
The newest Parker’s Kitchen in Guyton offers popular grab-and-go options as well as a hot bar serving breakfast, lunch and dinner daily and convenient electronic kiosk ordering. Popular items include never-frozen, antibiotic-free, double-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders, signature mac ‘n’ cheese and potato logs. Additional highlights include the Parker’s Kitchen Spicy Chicken Tender Sandwich, freshly made salads, gourmet coffee, freshly brewed sweet tea, lemonade, 28-degree beer, fountain drinks with Chewy Ice and a wide range of convenience items. The new store also has regular and diesel fueling positions as well as high-flow diesel and parking for commercial trucks.
A wide range of Parker’s Kitchen items are prepared fresh on-site and are available seven days a week. The entire menu is handcrafted on-site from the freshest ingredients by Parker’s Kitchen chefs who take pride in cooking for the communities where they live and work. In addition, Parker’s gives back to communities where stores are located through the company’s Fueling the Community program and the Parker’s Community Fund.
In 2020, Parker’s was named the Convenience Store Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions, which is the industry’s highest honor. The company has been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores and by Convenience Store News as the Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s has grown to become an award-winning company that was recently voted America’s #3 gas station brand by USA TODAY readers. The Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved customers more than $15 million to date. Parker’s employs more than 1,200 professionals throughout Georgia and South Carolina and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Proudly headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the popular food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
● Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America – Inc. Magazine
● Hall of Fame Inductee – Convenience Store News
● Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 – USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
● Convenience Store Chain of the Year – Convenience Store Decisions
● Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
● Legacy Leader – Georgia Trend
● America’s Best Convenience Stores – Food and Wine
● Southeast Retailer of the Year – The Shelby Report
● Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year – Convenience Store News
● Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
● 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History – Convenience Store News
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Market/Gas Station – Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
● Best Convenience Store – Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
● Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
● Best Convenience Store – Island Packet
● Most Fab Convenience Store – Effingham Herald
● Most Fabulous Gas Station – Effingham Living
● Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store – Jesup Press-Sentinel