New Parker’s Kitchen Opens at Iconic Globe Site at DeRenne Avenue and White Bluff Road in Savannah, Ga.
Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker recently cut the ribbon at the newest Parker’s Kitchen location at DeRenne Avenue and White Bluff Road in Savannah, Ga.
SAVANNAH, Ga. (Nov. 22, 2022) – Parker’s – a nationally acclaimed convenience store company and food service leader – recently opened a new Parker’s Kitchen at DeRenne Avenue and White Bluff Road in Savannah, Ga. The bright, inviting store design is a brand-new prototype inspired by Southern vernacular architecture. The newest Parkers’ Kitchen location offers a modern, contemporary glass-front look with an expanded retail footprint, optimized layout for higher operational efficiency and a lime-washed brick exterior.
The site, located at 7 E. DeRenne Ave., incorporates an existing 60-foot metal globe, which previously served as a Savannah Gas Co. natural gas storage tank in the 1950s. The giant globe anchors the parcel, which is located at one of Savannah’s most high-traffic intersections.
“We’re absolutely thrilled to open our newest Parker’s Kitchen location at the corner of DeRenne and White Bluff in Savannah,” said Parker’s founder and CEO Greg Parker. “We listened to the public throughout the planning process and are incredibly honored to develop this underutilized site and to preserve the globe, which is an iconic landmark for many Savannah residents.”
The newest Parker’s Kitchen in Savannah is the company’s 72nd store and offers an indoor dining area, popular grab-and-go options as well as a hot bar with signature items like never-frozen, antibiotic-free, double-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders, savory mac ‘n’ cheese and jalapeno cornbread. In addition, the store offers a complete menu of breakfast offerings, from egg casserole to sausage, egg and cheese biscuits. Additional highlights include the Parker’s Kitchen Spicy Chicken Tender Sandwich, fresh-made salads, gourmet coffee, freshly brewed sweet tea, lemonade, 28-degree beer, fountain drinks with Chewy Ice and a wide range of convenience items. The store will also feature high-quality unleaded, diesel and marine fuel.
A new Chick-fil-A and Starbucks are currently under construction at the 3.4-acre commercial site and are expected to open in mid to late 2023. The Parker Companies, which is the parent company for the Parker’s and Parker’s Kitchen brands, serves as the developer for the site. The Pinyan Company in Savannah, Ga. served as the lead contractor for site construction.
In 2020, Parker’s was named the Convenience Store Chain of the Year by Convenience Store Decisions, which is the industry’s highest honor. The company has been honored by Food and Wine as one of America’s Best Convenience Stores and by Convenience Store News as the Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year. In addition, Parker’s gives back to every community where stores are located through the company’s Fueling the Community program and the Parker’s Community Fund.
Since its founding in 1976, Parker’s has grown to become an award-winning company that was recently voted America’s #3 gas station brand by USA TODAY readers. The Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved customers more than $15 million to date. Parker’s employs more than 1,200 professionals throughout Georgia and South Carolina and completes more than 125,000 transactions daily.
Chick-fil-A and Starbucks to Open on 3.4-Acre Site in 2023
Honored as the 2020 Convenience Store Decisions Chain of the Year, Parker’s is strategically redefining the nation’s convenience store industry, offering customers high-quality products, freshly prepared food and superior customer service at retail stores throughout southeast Georgia and South Carolina. Proudly headquartered in Savannah, Ga., Parker’s has a commitment to exceeding customer expectations and has repeatedly been recognized as one of the nation’s leading convenience store and foodservice companies. Parker’s Kitchen, the popular food-centric brand under the Parker’s umbrella, serves world-famous hand-breaded Southern Fried Chicken Tenders as well as made-from-scratch mac ‘n’ cheese, a breakfast bar and daily specials. The company’s popular Parker’s Rewards loyalty program, which includes more than 300,000 members, has saved Parker’s customers more than $15 million to date. Learn more: www.parkerskitchen.com.
RECENT AWARDS AND ACCOLADES:
- Inc. 5000 List – Fastest Growing Companies in America –Inc. Magazine
- Hall of Fame Inductee –Convenience Store News
- Best Gas Station Brand Top 10 –USA TODAY 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
- Convenience Store Chain of the Year –Convenience Store Decisions
- Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award
- Legacy Leader –Georgia Trend
- America’s Best Convenience Stores –Food and Wine
- Southeast Retailer of the Year –The Shelby Report
- Convenience Foodservice Leader of the Year –Convenience Store News
- Top 10 U.S. Gas Station Brands – Gas Buddy
- 50 Most Influential People in Convenience Store History –Convenience Store News
- Best Convenience Store –Savannah Morning News Readers’ Choice Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Savannah Magazine Best of Savannah Awards
- Best Convenience Market/Gas Station –Connect Savannah Best of Savannah Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Statesboro Herald “Best in the ‘Boro” Awards
- Best Convenience Store –Bryan County Now “Best of Bryan” Awards
- Regional Economic Impact Award – Greater Bluffton Chamber of Commerce
- Best Convenience Store –Island Packet
- Most Fab Convenience Store –Effingham Herald
- Most Fabulous Gas Station –Effingham Living
- Wayne County’s Favorite Convenience Store –Jesup Press-Sentinel